Post by / PAPARAZZI;; on Aug 10, 2013 16:58:03 GMT -5
1. Respect one another. This is pretty self-explanatory. No character or couple bashing, etc etc. If you are having trouble with another member, please PM an admin. We are not mind readers, we won't know unless you speak up.
2. Be active. This rule is at the top three because it is one of the most important. We all understand that everyone has busy lives and hectic schedules, but we put a lot of effort into being here so if you're going to join and not post... then just don't bother joining. Please at least post twice a week, or more. We will hold frequent activity checks with deadlines, so be sure to check in often. We also ask that you log on to each of your accounts daily, if possible. The only exception to this rule would be in putting up an absentee notice.
3. Bleeding Love;; is primarily a General Hospital roleplay forum. Yes, that is a soap opera. We will accept any character from the show's past, present or future as well as next generation General Hospital and original characters. Original characters should sign up with first, middle and last names, please. Caspers [dead characters] may also be brought back provided you give a good enough reason as to their return. Some characters, however, cannot be brought back for obvious reasons.
4. If a character is taken from you for inactivity, you will be allowed to reapply for them, barring certain restrictions. Furthermore, if you drop a character, there will be a two week window before you can apply for another character.
5. The history of General Hospital characters must be maintained when applying. No falsifying or making things up, please. If you don't like something your character has done, then try applying for an original. Next Generation characters may include children from the show or characters born within the limits of this role play. No made up children or relations to General Hospital canon characters will be accepted without prior admin approval.
Canons returning to town still must stay true to character. Anyone returning with kids, it must be a believable scenario, and must be approved by the admins.
Canons must stay true to character. Example: Robin is a doctor. Even though she is experienced in martial arts, shooting, etc. doesn't mean she will suddenly follow in her parents footsteps. She is very committed to her career and family.
6. When deciding which character to play and then submitting your application, please do not change your display name (in your profile) until after you have been accepted.
7. The number of characters a person may have depends on their activity level on the site. Obviously, we're not going to give multiple characters to a member who posts only once a week. In the interest of keeping posting and storylines moving at a good pace, please do not apply for more than what you can handle. Furthermore, for every character you do apply for, the current character/s you do have must have a minimum of 50 posts per account before you will be eligible to apply for another.
8. Only two of your characters may be related or interact on a regular basis. If they must interact, you must post them in separate posts. No god-moding your own characters. If you are planning on having characters within the same job-color (all doctors, all criminals, etc) you'll need to be prepared to post them together as it is necessary/needed.
9. PBs, or Play By's must be current, unless a past actor/actress is not currently a member of daytime television. Because crossovers from other ABC soaps are permitted (within reason,) we'll need to preserve past face claims for that possibility.
10. Bleeding Love;; is a moderate-literate writing site. We expect all members to use decent English grammar and spelling. Paragraph format and a good sentence structure is a must and asterisks should never be used in a post. There is a two post per week minimum on the site. When posting, please use a decent amount of dialogue and description to keep the scene flowing and less past imagery to avoid congestion. Characters may also be in no more than two threads at any given time.
11. There is a word count limit of at least 300 words, but most of us write more so we expect all of our members to write at least that.
12. As per Proboards TOS, all mature threads will need to be PG-13 in content. Basically, if you don't see it on daytime television, you won't see it here. Anything including but not limited to the use of drugs, sex, extreme violence or other non PG-13 subjects will need to abide by the fade to black rules.
13. No God-modding or power-playing. You are here to post your characters, not someone else's. This means no speaking or posting what another character does that is not your own.
14. The staff do not mind writing storylines for General Hospital characters, but please keep in mind that it is not our responsibility to give you something to post. If you want to be here, then you'll find something worth posting, otherwise play another character.
Furthermore, if you want an RP baby of any kind, please PM a staff account. They must be approved by staff first. (We can't have all the woman of PC running around pregnant all at once.) Multiple (twins, etc) births must also be approved by the admins. Sex of the child/children can be up to you, or a surprise if you like.) Please, no made up children outside of the show without prior admin approval. We want to stay as true to the characters' histories as possible.
cbox & media
15. Please use your real name in the main CBox, or any name that you go by that is not your character's name.
16. Please, no spamming or discussing other role play site links in the chat box. We have a wonderful advertising and affiliating board for these purposes. We also won't hesitate to ban members or guests for inappropriate conduct.
17. Avatars may be no more than 200x300 pixels in size. Likewise, banners may be no more than 500 pixels in width otherwise it stretches the forum and that is just not cool.
18. While we understand that people like to be a part of multiple RP forums, we ask that you respect that we are trying to keep this site active. If you are a member of various boards we ask you to think about whether or not you can handle another RP board before joining.
19. In order to keep the activity at a fun and enjoyable level, we will be applying a three strikes and you're out rule. The rules are clearly the first strike so as long as you follow them or show an effort, you'll be fine. If we notice a consistent pattern of breaking them, we will send out a PM/email that constitutes strike two. Strike three will result in another PM and further action. We are not trying to be bullies but three strikes is a fair deal. It isn't fair for someone to continuously break the rules and everyone else to suffer for it.
20. Last, but not least is the subject of stealing. It simply will not be tolerated. We are all original people and we expect everyone to be the same. If you steal something from our forum, you will be permanently banned and asked to removed the stolen material. If you don't, then you will be spammed and reported. Don't say you weren't warned.